What is the Wi-Fi router and what is it for?
To know what a WiFi router is for and what it is, you first need to know what a conventional router is; It is a device that takes care of evenly distributing the Internet to a computer network, obtained through the ADSL cable that connects with the service provider; in addition, it controls the quality of the service, and provides protection from unauthorized access.
While a WiFi router performs the same functions as the previous e adds wireless connection, ideal for mobile devices without having to connect to the internet via cable; Also, the number of devices that can be connected is not limited to the number of ports the router has.
How does it work?
- Receives the Internet connection which comes from the service provider and goes to connected devices.
- The devices connected to the network have the same connection speed Internet provided by the DSL modem.
- Allow all computer to connect with each other.
What are the types and their characteristics?
- Type B router: it is among the cheapest on the market, as it is slow and dated, it has a wireless connection with speeds up to 11 Mbps and uses the 2,4 GHz frequency band for data transmission; but it has interference in appliances and microwaves.
- Type G router: It also uses a frequency of 2,4 GHz but its bandwidth is higher than the previous one, of 54 Mbps allowing for a faster connection ; especially for users who log into applications such as games.
- Type N routers: They are currently the fastest with technology called multiple input-multiple output, have many antennas with a frequency band of 2,4 GHz and 5 GHz; one for entry and one for exit; its connection speed up to 100 Mbps.
- Mobile type router: uses the cellular network to connect to the Internet as long as there is a signal in the place; your connection speed will depend on the signal from the nearest repeater.
Guide to buying your WiFi router
- Router Wifi Portatile Huawei E5577 4G LTE: With this router you can surf at good speed, thanks to 150MB / s in download and 50MB / s in upload.
- Router Wifi Mobile TP-LINK M7350: If you are traveling in a group, 10 different devices can be connected at the same time, with a download speed of 150 Mbps and an upload speed of 50 Mbps; with dual 2,4GHz or 5,0GHz bands.
- Router Wi-Fi wireless Netgear AC810-100EUS: allows connection of 15 devices at the same time, includes a color touch screen so you can configure what you need; Includes 2 connectors for external antennas.
- Huawei E5573C 4G portable router: it is very practical thanks to its small size, has excellent coverage, works with the HiLlink application allowing the limit or acceptance of participants.
- Router Wi-Fi wireless 4G TP-Link M7450 300 Mbps: very powerful with connection speed of 300 Mbps and upload of 50 Mbps; 32 devices can be connected.
Finally, it can be noted that the Wifi router has solved many difficulties for a huge number of customers, however, some mention that in the not too distant future it will be supplanted by 5G connectivity. If the information was useful to you, don't hesitate to share it and leave your opinion in the comments.