In addition to their structure, they tend to be more sensitive to corruption or damage to some data. But don't despair, read on so you know how to fix your computer not recognizing SD memory.
Micro SD cards tend to be very delicate devices and you can also have the problem that your mobile device like Xiaomi does not recognize micro SD cards.
What is a Micro SD card?
Micro SD memory cards are just one of the many different types of SD memory available. SD stands for Secure Digital, and these are used to be inserted into various digital devices in order to expand their storage capacity.
As the name suggests, micro cards are the smallest in this classification, measuring fifteen by eleven millimeters in size and only one millimeter wide. They are most commonly used on phone and tablet. There is also a classification within micro SD cards, as not all of them serve the same purpose.
When buying a micro SD card it is important to make sure they are original to avoid later problems with the saved files.
Types of micro SD cards
This is their classification and each indicates so that each can be served according to his speed. Check out these different versions of the micro SD card so that you are more aware of which one will work for you.
- Class 10 UHS1, is one of the most used formats and has a good relationship between what they offer in terms of speed and their price. They work on mobile devices.
- Class 10 UHS3, is a higher rating and used to read multimedia files such as video in quality formats up to 4K or 1080 fps.
- Class A1, is a new class of micro SD cards which allows the installation of applications. With their arrival on the market, they are one of the most used by connoisseurs.
Quickly fix why your computer does not recognize SD memory
If when you insert an SD memory into the adapter your computer has and it doesn't recognize or read it, the first thing you should do is the following. Make sure the memory adapter and port are not damaged.
If you've been thinking about formatting your card because your computer doesn't recognize SD memory, don't despair, this is one of the last steps to take. If the alternative didn't work, proceed with the following methods:
- Start by trying to fix the problem via your PC's operating system. If it asks you to "Apply format" it is because the system no longer recognizes it cannot open it. To do this, tell the operating system to take care of recognizing the error and its possible solutions. Hz this in order to recover the data.
- Use the command option in Windows » CHKDSK x: f ". To use it, open the system and write it, replacing the X with the letter that the operating system has assigned to the card.
If you go through this process and can read the files, it is better to backup or format the card or avoid repeating it at another time. There is a way to format a micro SD card without losing files.
If with these methods you still don't know why your computer doesn't recognize SD memory, try these last steps.
It may be that the same system on your computer is the one that does not recognize the micro SD card. To find out if this is what happens, go to Device Manager and assign it a different letter. If you can do that, try the above steps to recover your micro SD card.
If your computer continues to have trouble recognizing your removable memory after performing these procedures, there is a way to repair and recover micro SD memories.