In these modern times where technology advances without limits, more and more news is being seen and heard about new inventions focused on the entertainment industry. That is why today many people around the world are wondering what is the difference between augmented reality and virtual reality? Check out this article for the answer!
What we need to be clear about is that, nowadays, technologies and advances applied to entertainment have been innovated with the introduction of virtual reality. So to know the difference, we must first know well what virtual reality is and how it differs from augmented reality.
Let's start by talking a little virtual reality (VR). Virtual reality is known as the creation of real-life environments, appearances and objects, which are brought into the technological field through computer programs.
This creates in the user the feeling of immersion in this world of virtual reality thanks to the different elements. For this, cutting-edge technological devices are used, among the most common are: helmets for virtual reality, gloves, suits and any device that allows the user to interact as much as possible with the virtual world.
Currently, virtual reality can be achieved through several methods . These methods are known as methods of interaction. In this case some of them are:
- Simulator: allows the user to have a greater interaction with reality being used for various functions. Among the simulators we find: simulator of vehicles, planes, trains, among others.
- Avatar: this allows greater interaction between the computer and the immersed person. You can use a pre-designed avatar and personalize it or insert a personal photo to allow the system to generate an avatar.
- Projection of real images- this is the most popular among designers, as its function is quite simple. It is about using and projecting images in sequence and with an automatic reaction to achieve that feeling of immersion. For example: amusement parks.
So with virtual reality we can have a real experience through computer systems and programs. But now that we know, what is augmented reality?
In short, the augmented reality (AR) it is the action of introducing digital environments or elements into the real world, through a device such as a mobile phone. Being able to design a room, make a piece of art or do engineering projects, and even play a video game and record it.
It can be done digitally in the real world using augmented reality. As it adds virtual information to the information or physical reality that already exists,
Augmented reality has several elements and levels. All this to obtain the superimposition of virtual objects and figures in the real world. Some of these necessary items are:
- Internet connection.
Its different levels can be classified as follows, ranging from the most basic to the most complex, depending on the level of interrelation between the physical and digital world:
- Level 0: It is the most basic and it is specialized in connections from the physical to the virtual world through the reading of codes, for example: QR code.
- Level 1: yes based on markers colored and black and white images. Create links of figures and simple drawings.
- Level 2: With this reality it comes use of markers canceled. This is usually seen in systems such as GPS or digital compasses.
- Level 3: this is the enlarged view of things. As an example of this level, glasses or lenses for augmented reality are used as an example.
Difference between the two realities
As we see in this article, the difference of virtual reality is that it allows the user to feel immersed in a virtual world. While augmented reality is the one that integrates information and digital elements in the real world for our benefit or entertainment.