Mastodon is not a single social network but a set of digital social networks with a common platform, which are independent and They are called "Instances", their uses are similar to Twitter. However Mastodon is currently less used than all’app Twitter.
Today Mastodon has become a free code and platform option, where you can do the same things you do in other digital communication networks such as create profiles, send photos and videos, and in the same way follow whoever you want on this network, just like you would with other social networks.
You still don't like this app or don't know its features and are interested in learning a little more, so don't stop joining us, in this article we will inform you about it and how to get it easily and quickly.
Use of the Mastodon social network
The main thing you should know about this new application is that it is a completely free application, compatible for desktop PCs and mobile phones with HTML. It is software that does not have a main server, as it is completely open source. Surprised, sure so. As for using this series of digital interaction networks called Mastodon it is really simple and offers the following:
- The wall is public and totally chronological, both federated and local.
- Likewise, you can post statuses, messages with a maximum of 500 characters, short videos and share gifs that can be animated.
- This social network groups its customers into community "instances" that you can easily follow to interact with them or with others. What makes it versatile.
- The messages do chiamano Toots and Mastodon customers will be able to follow each other if they wish.
Sign up for Mastodon
- Enter the Mastodon social site, then select "sign in", choose the name with which you want to be seen as a customer on the digital social network and with which you will be able to log in whenever you want to use it.
- Then enter your email address that you are about to associate. Then choose and enter your password, then click on «register».
- Wait a few seconds as you get a verification message that says "Check your e - mail address". Then press on it to check it. You will then receive a welcome message indicating your account name. Then log in to the Mastodon app, enter your username and password as well.
- At this point you will see some simple instructions, which you need to follow step by step as they will guide you on the screen so that you can use this app and configure it according to your style. Simple truth.
Benefits of using the Mastodon app
They are several digital networks known as "Mastodon app instance" with open software, where the different instances have their own server, their own rules and their own administrators.
The publications are recorded chronologically, as well as being a friendly platform, without advertisements that interrupt the communication, or any type of tracking, and also have no restrictions regarding the publications, as long as appropriate publication corresponding to the terms established. In this sense, you can adjust the privacy terms settings of this app.
In the Mastodon app there is the option to block a user, but this is done permanently, so you have to be sure when you want to block. But it also gives you the action of being able to simply not view messages from certain clients with the option "Dumb user", as it happens on Facebook.
Now that you know everything you need to know about this Mastodon app, one free and open software interaction tool, where you can get rid of those hateful advertisements and have more characters to write your statuses and messages, you can't stop signing up and make use of its extensive benefits to stay active with family, friends and, why not, meet new friends.