Nowadays, the use of mobile devices it is very popular in all parts of the world, mainly because it is small and easy to carry devices so that the user can play video games, catch up with news and reports, listen to music with the best players and watch the videos that you like them more.
You can buy them in different designs, sizes and weights. An advantage of these is that they are programmable and flexible, easy to handle because they have touch screens
These devices have good internal storage capacity and you can easily add external storage accessories such as: disks, MicroSD, memory SD, higher capacity among others.
In addition, they have good connectivity with wireless networks where you can enter an internet network where you can receive and enter data.
What is an IP certification?
Mobile devices or computers have an interface connected to a network that they can identify with. IP abbreviations derive from its termination in English International Protection or Ingrees Protection.
That determines the protection against the entry or entry of external agents which can affect your mobile device such as water, dust, as well as knowing what degree of resistance your device has.
What is IP certification on mobile devices and what is it for?
The International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) has established this certification governed by IEC 60529 standards to measure the degree of protection of your mobile devices.
Its main rule is whether in the above-mentioned cases in connection with dust protection with numbers 0 to 6 or water protection 0 to 9, the higher the starting number of the degree of protection the better the device. .
As for the dust IP 0x has no protection, IP 1x: your device is covered by solid objects larger than 50 mm; IP 2x: coated against solid bodies greater than 12 mm; IP 3x: coated against solid bodies greater than 2,5 mm; IP 4x: coated against solid bodies greater than 1 mm; IP 5x: protected against dust and IP 6x: fully protected against dust.
If your device scores the IP6x level, this is the highest it reaches because it does not allow any kind of external solid particles to enter your device, if that were the case in your equipment I congratulate you as it is completely airtight. You can buy your certified mobile at a store like Amazon.
The certification in case of water entry applied to the devices is more complex, since it evaluates the level of entry of water or other liquid, we know two main ones:
- IP x0: does not have any type of protection;
- IP x1: protected against vertically falling drops of water.
- IP x2: protected against falling water drops with a maximum inclination of 15 degrees
- IP x3: protected against water fog at an angle of up to 60 degrees, leveled at 11 liters per minute.
- IP x4: protected against jets of water from any deviation, on average 10 liters per minute.
- IP x5: protected against jets of water from any angle, level of 12,5 liters per minute.
- IP x6: protected against strong jets of water, at the speed of 100 liters per minute from any angle
- IP x7: protected against the effects of partial immersion.
- IP x8: protected against immersion and last.
- IP 9K: protected against strong jets of high temperature water, between 14 and 16 liters of water at 80 ° C per minute.