Pedophile deception or solicitation of children as it is also known; It is one of the problems that afflicts the child population in the world. It is related to pornography and child prostitution. Its consequences are often devastating. In this post you will learn about their meaning, types and how to prevent grooming.
What is grooming?
Grooming refers to behavior, al deceptive way of acting of an adult. To gain the trust and friendship of a minor.
This adult tries to create a fort emotional bond which later allows him to dominate the child. Generally, this type of deception is done online and physical contact is subsequently achieved. Sometimes the deception involves impersonating a child online to establish a faster connection.
After having established the emotional connection, the adult tries to obtain pornography, sometimes by hacking account passwords. In some cases it reaches the degree of child abuse and child prostitution and sexual extortion.
The grooming process involves a whole strategy and takes time, which the adult needs to be a trusted person for the baby.
During this time, try to isolate the child as much as possible from his family, from teachers and friends. This way she can be the only person the child feels comfortable with and can establish intimacy.
Types of grooming
There are two types of grooming, the first occurs when the previous trust bond is not created. As for the material or sexual content, it is obtained by hacking the keys of the PC or social networks.
After getting it, an extortion phase begins, so that they can get more erotic or sexual content. The key to this type of grooming is that the material is obtained by force.
The second type of grooming is when the adult establishes a preventive bond with the child. Therefore the sexual material is delivered by the boy or girl, as he completely trusts the adult.
This trust is achieved by applying methods of deception and using existing information on social networks; therefore it is necessary to prevent grooming in children. It can also take a long time to establish a relationship, even years, so the bond will be more intimate.
How to prevent grooming?
Grooming is a real problem that endangers millions of children, especially in the technological age we live in. To prevent grooming, it is important to follow the following recommendations:
- The main thing is guide children about their Internet activity. Also knowing how to select audiovisual material, as well as 3D films. It is vital that they understand that under no circumstances should they accept strangers as friends. This applies to social networks, online forums and chats, emails and other modalities.
- Children also need to know how refuse requests for photo and images with sexual content. Parents or guardians must explain that this content will be exposed online and it will be difficult for it to be deleted. Additionally, it can be used for pornography and other child sex crimes. The child should not carry out this type of exchange, not even with acquaintances.
- It is also not recommended to use a webcam while chatting with people you do not know personally. As this can be recorded and subsequently the personal information can be used as extortion or disclosed.
- Keep IT security systems and privacy policies updated and strengthened. In addition to designing passwords that are difficult to crack or with personal data. Once created, they must not be shared with anyone other than their parents.
- Avoid providing personal information on social networks or other online platforms such as e-mail. It is recommended that you use aliases or aliases to avoid being more vulnerable to grooming.
- La family communication it is the best tool, which is why parents should be vigilant at all times with their children. They should talk to them constantly and be aware of any changes in behavior or attitude.
- Constant supervision is fundamental, so you can learn about the use that your children make of the applications that children use, as well as the use of social networks, other websites and electronic devices in general.