What is a CAN network?
The CAN network or network of camps (Campus Area Network) is a LAN network dispersed in a specific area or geographical position. It is encoded or programmed using various protocols where methods known as 'broadcast series' are used.
The area in which this network is encrypted is larger than a local LAN, but smaller than a larger network such as the metropolitan. In addition, components such as wiring, routers, switches, among others, are used. This CAN network is also known as a type of multiplexed network. This means that it avoids the point-to-point connection except at the hooks, thus reducing the use of wiring.
What is this Campus Area Network for?
This CAN network is used for many things, but its main use is keep the connection in various buildings within a certain area, which can extend miles away from each other and from the main server depending on why it is used.
This network allows you to have a robust system in terms of data consistency, which guarantees a higher quality in the transfer of information and the ease of doing it remotely; Furthermore, there are several advantages when using this type of network, such as:
- Greater flexibility in configuration, connection and special administrator permissions.
- A multimaster system.
- Guarantee of fast response in terms of latency time.
Thanks to these advantages we can have better land administration for which this network was created. This facilitates quick bug fixes and increased server support.
How does a CAN network work?
The CAN network, as already mentioned, comes mainly used to keep different types of buildings connected. This feature makes it very useful for use in places such as: universities, military bases, medical centers, government offices, among others, where its use is varied.
Its method of use includes common technologies such as FDDI and Gigabyte Ethernet and to achieve communications and information transfer efficiently. There connectivity recommended to create this network is the optical fiber, taking into account that it covers different types.
Learn more about the CAN network
Even if it sounds incredible; programming, computing and the use of networks continue to advance more and more. It is for this reason that the CAN network has undergone changes that are perfectly suited to different tasks and uses. For example:
- The network of cans and the use in railways, trains or trams, allows the activation of brakes, doors, alarms and many other functions.
- in health areas this network is a very useful tool, such as in laboratories, allowing the connection between test machines and computers, as well as in operating rooms, x-ray rooms and even in patient beds.
- BUS uses this network; It is an adaptation of the CAN network system for automotive services. Which allows you to carry out a complete diagnosis of the vehicle and digitally view any anomaly that it may present. In this field, the CAN network is very advanced, exceeding the expectations of many.
As we have seen in this article, the rete CAN it is the best option to create connections in a certain space or area and thanks to its functioning it is possible to have better administration and control in that area. So, if you have a business or want to use this network elsewhere, this information will help you.