Facebook and Facebook Lite
This is the case with the company founded by Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook. This is one of the most popular social networks and used around the world, with over two billion users. Its constant evolution and the implementation of multiple tools have positioned it as one of the most complete social networks that can exist.
In 2015, a different version of this social network was launched: Facebook Lite, a lower data consumption application designed with those regions in mind whose mobile data speeds were not fast enough to use the original version.
While it promotes this great advantage, e has a much less weight than the original application, many users expressed their disagreement due to the fact that the interface was not clear enough when it came to scrolling through the news shared by their friends.
Trust and preference
Despite the operating problems that Facebook Lite can present, many people prefer to use this version of the application, exceeding 200 thousand users in just two years.
Facebook Lite and its advantages
In this sense and after the above, some of the benefits you can have when using Facebook Lite would be:
- Less weight than the original application, advantageous for not saturating the internal memory of your mobile phone.
- Working with low speed connections, the application has a much lower level of data demand, so your consumption will be quite low if you compare it with other applications.
- This application could function as an "all in one", not being extremely necessary to download complementary applications (such as Facebook Messenger, for example, which also has a Lite version).
- After correcting the malfunctions, the clarity offered by this interface is simply spettacolare, so you can enjoy this social network without big problems.
Differences between Facebook and Facebook Lite
When deciding which of these applications to keep on your mobile device, you need to make comparisons to find out what the best aspects of each Facebook application are, as well as the tools they may or may not have for better performance. In this sense:
- Weight: this aspect is one of the most important, which is why it has been a point of reference throughout this article… but the difference is simply abysmal. The size of the original version of the Facebook application is 54 MB, while the Lite version is only 1,6 MB.
- Multimedia: Facebook Lite, as one of the data saving measures, does not allow the playback of multimedia content directly from your Timeline like the original application does. In this case, full screen mode is the only way to play the videos shared by your contacts.
- complements: As mentioned above, Facebook Lite works as an all-in-one application, allowing you to use Facebook chat without having to download the Messenger application, which is impossible in the original application.
- Loading times: Despite consuming less data, loading times in Facebook Lite can be much shorter than the original Facebook app, so you shouldn't despair when watching larger videos or playing videos.