Forget your Google account password it is a frequent problem, which can give you more headaches when using an Android mobile.
After all, the Google account is a door that opens the way for all the services and platforms of the big G, and without one of them you won't be able to take full advantage of Android or its ecosystem.
Therefore, it is always good know how to recover a forgotten or lost Google password. In this guide, we explain how to do it step by step.
Changing your Google account is easier than you think.
Change your Google password step by step
If you still remember your current password, ma you want to change it with a new one, for example because the current one has been compromised, the process is simple. On your Android device, you just need to follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app and go to the "Google" section. Tap "Manage your Google account".
- Tap the "Security" section and then the "Sign in to Google" section.
- Tap «Password» and enter your current password.
- Finally, enter the new password in the corresponding field and tap the «Change password» button,
This way you will have changed your password. Make sure you remember your new password or to store it in a password manager.
Recover your account if you have lost or forgotten your password
Se can't remember the password for your Google account, I'm afraid your only option is recover password to be able to log into your account again.
To recover your Google account, you just need to follow these steps:
- In the login procedure, touch the text "Forgot your password?"
- Follow the steps indicated on the screen, where they will ask you questions to confirm that the account is yours.
- If Google determines that the account is yours, you will receive an email. Then go to your inbox and open it.
- Access the link provided in the email, which will direct you to a password change page. Enter a password that you have not used so far in your account.
That's all. This way, you will have been able to change your Google account password and you will now be able to log into Gmail and other associated services. Now make sure you don't lose it and add an extra layer of security with two-step verification.