Computers turned out to be one extremely useful tool to develop jobs and virtually all kinds of projects. This is thanks to the great variety of online programs that can be downloaded and installed for free or for a fee.
But your computer can also hide pretty useful tools that they do not require any kind of program. On this occasion, you will be able to learn a little more about a rather particular instrument, commonly known as keyboard shortcuts or combinations.
Key combinations or shortcuts
This is one of those tools that many are not fully aware of. It is a combination of several keys that causes an action to be performed.
The combination tool or keyboard shortcut, allows you to use many options on your computer without having to carry out bureaucratic procedures digitally.
Diversity of shortcuts
Basically, the keyboard shortcuts they are implemented in the operating system of your computer, although they can vary according to the programs you use, which can adapt the shortcuts according to the interface and the function they perform.
In the same way, each operating system has its own keyboard shortcuts, then you might apply a combination that you normally use on a Windows computer to a computer running MacOS and it won't work.
So, below, you will be able to get acquainted with a list of the most important keyboard shortcuts for computers with Windows and MacOS operating systems so that you can become much more familiar with these important and useful tools.
Key combinations in Windows
First, Windows implements a number of new keyboard shortcuts or combinations in each version of the operating system.
That said, it is possible that, although it includes the basic shortcuts most important, there are some newer ones that don't match your system version.
- "Windows + D": hides or shows the desktop.
- "Windows + A": opens the notification center.
- «Windows + I»: opens the configuration panel.
- «Windows + M»: Minimize windows.
- "Windows + comma (,)": temporarily shows the desktop (while pressing the keys).
- «Windows + Shift + Number»: According to the position of the applications anchored to the desktop bar, the program of the number you pressed will open.
- «Windows + ImpPnt / PetSis»: take a screenshot (it will be saved directly in the image gallery).
Keyboard combinations in MacOS
The operating system of Apple computers also has an extensive list of shortcuts or key combinations available to its users, which they are system specific. Among them, shortcuts such as:
- "Option + Command + Power button": initiates hibernation.
- «Control + Command + Q»: lock screen.
- "Shift + Command + Q": Close the user session.
- "Command + Comma (,)": Displays the preferences of an application in use (in the foreground).
- "Option + Command + Esc": force quit an application.
- "Command + W": closes the window of an application in use (in the foreground).
- "Option + Command + W": closes the windows of all applications in use.
- "Command + M": Minimize the window of an application in use (in the foreground).
- «Option + Command + M»: Minimize all windows of all applications in use.
- "Control + Command + F": uses an application in full screen mode (as long as the application has this mode).
- "Option + Command + N": Create intelligent folders.
Similar and different at the same time
There are still many, many combinations to explore based on these two operating systems. However, it's time to tackle some pretty basic shortcuts, especially when yes work with text or numbering documents.
The action they perform it is the same on both operating systems and the combination could be the same were it not for the key name on each system. Among these are:
- "Command (MacOS)" / "Ctrl (Windows) + X": cuts the selected text, document or file.
- "Command / Ctrl + V": pastes the selected text, document or file.
- "Comanto / Ctrl + C": copies the selected text, document or file.
- "Command / Ctrl + F": search window for elements in a document.