Solutions to all common Facebook Shop problems
Facebook Business has online help support, which is designed to provide solutions to Facebook shop problems. Based on user experience and Facebook logs, the most common problems will be presented.
Problems with the product catalog
The three main problems related to the product catalog are as follows:
- Products: le information on products they may not be complete. Or it can be rejected for failing to comply with trade or advertising policies. This problem may be present in one or more articles.
- Data sources: it has to do with the source data linking to the catalog. That is, the inventory information from the catalog manager. The error could be due to lack of access to the scheduled list on the web hosting the inventory file.
- Event data sources: this option has the task of measuring user interaction with articles on your website. So one of the problems could be related to the pixel or SDK that is linked to the catalog to circulate dynamic ads.
Once the problem is found, you can choose the "verify" option. Usually, a pop-up window will appear with Additional Information. For example, if the issue is related to products, you will see a detailed list of items. To fix it, you need to download and open the full report; so you can see the help available to solve the problem.
In case you can't fix it yourself, you can also send the report to your developer to fix it, knowing specifically about the problem. You will see an option called " how to fix it ". You just have to follow the given steps to fix the problem. Sometimes, choosing the "review" option will take you to another tab in the catalog manager. There you can choose the right solution for each type of problem.
Problems with the catalog data list
The data list contains information about the catalog inventory you upload to different channels. The main problems are:
- Prices are missing or incorrect
- Links to images are missing or invalid
- Spelling errors and other missing or errors in information
Solutions to all common Facebook Shop problems (catalog list)
In case of pricing errors, it is essential that your customers have the prices correct and updated. To do this, you need to include the prices in the price column of the list. Always remember to use the correct format. For example, you need to use ISO currency codes to express the price. You shouldn't replace them with symbols.
The prices must be the same as on your website and must not include shipping costs or commissions.
The solution for missing images when they are missing or invalid is to add the correct links. To do this, you need to access the image_link column. Verify that each link begins with http: // o https: //. Check each link to make sure it works, for this you need to paste them in a new browser tab. It is also necessary to respect the allowed image dimensions to avoid future problems.
To correct spelling or information errors, you can use i grammar and spelling checkers. You must respect the limits of characters allowed. For e-commerce catalogs, the availability and condition columns must be added. You must specify available, out of stock and discontinued products to avoid problems in your Facebook shop.
A universal identifier per product must also be included for e-commerce catalogs. They are required to verify that the product is authentic and must be assigned by the manufacturer. It can be the international trade identification, the manufacturer's part number or the brand name. It also has another way to earn commission money with this hassle-free tool.