One of the common problems in android, will be those relating to the functioning of applications, where measures with a stop and a forced exit of the application are generally appreciated, with the title of: the application has stopped, solving this problem is simple.
Likewise, an application shutdown error can occur on Android, with similar symptoms, the solution of which could be a little more drastic.
In this order of ideas, they are presented situations and solutions similar to depending on the application, it may be that the camera application stops or is even more pronounced and hinders the Google Play Store services with the same symptoms.
This is equally true for an issue with the YouTube mobile application, closing in your face and sending a message on the screen that says "The YouTube app has stopped", we will see how to remove it, based on the origins and the most effective solutions.
Most common problems on YouTube
If you are quiet and enjoy good content on YouTube, when suddenly a defect begins to appear. Don't be afraid, it's not your phone, below we will mention the most common errors within this platform and how to fix them:
- YouTube videos load too slowly or freeze : this problem is not the responsibility of the platform, rather it is due to your internet connection, you must make sure you have a stable connection before using the platform, if your internet provider is not very efficient, try to lower the resolution of the videos.
- An error occurred, please try again later, this message usually takes us out of place at the moment, but it's nothing serious. It is due to a platform error while running on the device, what you should do in this case and clear the application cache or if the error persists reinstall.
- YouTube doesn't work, if the platform suddenly closed or stopped while you were watching a video, but the problem is not your internet connection, this is only because the page itself is down. This usually happens when YouTube stops its services due to maintenance, errors or updates. So do not worry.
- The video is not available, this error occurs when the YouTube platform itself restricts a video, because it is inappropriate or could be offensive to certain regions. If you want to skip this barrier, simply use a VPN from another region to watch the video.
How to fix the error "The YouTube application has been stopped"
When the phone throws up a poster announcing the termination of an application, but attaching its name, it is an indicator that the problems do not necessarily reside in the mobile phone, or in the operating system, but it can be an inconvenience directly related to the application services and a clash between the preset data and those coming from the network platform .
For this, solutions are used that help discern the origin and, in turn, can remove the »YouTube application has stopped». We will analyze them separately.
Troubleshoot compatibility issues
This problem is quite common, it is also very easy to solve. To overcome the compatibility error, make sure you keep your phone software up to date so to be able to install the latest version of the application. Many times the app is no longer compatible with our phone, as the platform is continuously updated and new details added leave the old operating systems.
If the problem persists taking these details into account, you just need to reinstall the application on your computer or if not, clear the cache And that's it. You can now enjoy your favorite content on the platform.
How to fix YouTube has stopped
First, manual and forced shutdown of the mobile application is used, then it is started. To do this, in initial order, we press the start button at the bottom of the mobile, for a few seconds, until open applications exit and we press «close all», for this it also varies with the «back» button at the bottom the same. And the App reopens.
Clear data and cache
To clear the data and cache of the YouTube application on our device, just go to the application menu, touch the YouTube icon by holding it and select the information of the app. We are in the storage tab and here we find the options "clear data" and "clear cache", we select the one we want and it will automatically delete the stored information.
Clean the RAM
We can also do a forced detention. To do this we go to the «applications» section in the settings, we search for YouTube and inside we do click your «svuota cache» and on «force stop». Then we open the mobile application again and if the «YouTube application has stopped» continues to exit, we resort to the error correction solution.
Reinstall the app
One of the most common ways is to delete the app to reinstall it from the Playstore, if you do this the application will be as good as new and chances are you won't have any problems anymore.
We can also reinstall updates, by this we refer directly to the search for the initial settings of the App, and starting from scratch its use. To do this, we just have to uninstall updates and reinstall them, but this will happen in direct connection with the latest version of YouTube. What is it you want.
To this end, let's proceed with the uninstall updates. Let's go to the settings section or phone settings. So we refer to the section as "applications".
Once there, we go to the application list and look for YouTube. We insert it and we can see, in the upper part, three points or bars, we insert them and they will give the possibility to "uninstall updates", lo we press and we wait for it to go through the process.
So, we just have to download the latest version available for it let's go to the Play Store and look for the application, immediately click on "update" and wait. This should remove "The YouTube application has been stopped", as its source of error has been fixed.
Total reset of your mobile device is the last option in case no other application other than YouTube works on it, this one will leave your phone with factory settings. You need to back up your information if you don't want to lose it. To do this you just have to go to your phone settings and look for the «reset options» tab where you will touch and you will see the «reset device» option you select, confirm the action and your phone will be reset automatically.
Developers, as they are releasing new versions of applications, add bug fixes, such fixes may not be purchased, if the version of the App in use he does not come updated. YouTube is one of those cases.
To access the bug fixes, we just need update the YouTube app. This is done in a simple way, we just have to:
- Enter the Play Store
- Search for installed applications or near youtube in the internal search engine
- Once displayed, we have pressed on "update"
- The download process for the latest available version starts, followed by the installation process.
- We just have to wait, at the end, for the application to be reopened without exiting 'YouTube application has stopped'.