Or you may see a message informing you that an update from Microsoft is required to continue installing a new app.
If you find this error frustrating, continue on read on to find out how to fix the problem.
What causes the 'api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing' error?
When trying to start an application or using a program such as Microsoft Office and Adobe applications, you may get an error message: "The program could not be started because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1- is missing. 1-0.dll. on your computer.
The solution to the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll error is missing or one of them is to try reinstall the program to fix this program.
It is problematic to face this error if it is urgent to use this application. But do you know what caused this error? There are mainly three reasons:
- As part of the Visual C ++ Redistributable, Universal C Runtime (CRT) was not installed correctly.
- The api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file should be included in the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable per Visual Studio 2015. But your computer doesn't have this software.
- Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 does not exist or is damaged.
Therefore, if you want to fix this error, you can consider these three causes.
Make sure Windows is up to date
The quickest way to find the solution to api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error or to deal with this issue is make sure the operating system is up to date.
That is, you must have one of the most recent versions of Windows, or failing that, one of the versions of Windows 10, regardless of which is better.
To manually update the Windows operating system, do the following:
- Type "Settings" in the search bar and select the appropriate option or you can click on the "Settings" icon in the start menu.
- In the settings menu, choose "Updates and security".
- Make sure you select "Windows Update" from the menu on the right. On the left, click on the button » Update status Which says "Check for updates".
- If an update is installed, you must restart your computer before it takes effect. To do this, click on the "Power" icon in the start menu and select "Restart".
If a blocked or missing update was interfering with the functioning of the DLL, this method should solve the problem.
However, if you are still having trouble with the app, move on to the next step.
Run a system file check
Windows has a pre-installed program that can check for errors in other applications running on the system.
You can easily find and repair the file api-ms-win-crt-runtime- | 1-1-0.dll is missing. To run a file check, follow these steps:
- Type "cmd" in the search bar and press [Enter].
- Right-click on the "Command Prompt" option and choose "Run as administrator" from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Once the Command Prompt window opens, type » SFC / scannow »After the command prompt (without the quotes) and press [Enter]. Wait until the process is complete. It may take some time to complete.
- After the scan is complete, you need to restart your computer. As before, click on the "Power" icon in the Start menu and select "Restart".
What is "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll"?
Before introducing «api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll», let's talk about DLLs. DLL is short for Dynamic Link Library and is a software file type.
On Windows, many applications are incomplete and inapplicable. They are split into some relatively independent files in the dynamic link library in Windows.
When an application is started, the corresponding DLL file will be used.
That is, a DLL file allows a a program to divide its various components into different modules in so that applications can add or remove some to include or exclude some functionality.
This feature makes a program cost less space because it doesn't need the entire DLL file.
DLLs can be divided into two types: dynamic link at load time and dynamic link at run time.
api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll obviously belongs to the dynamic link at runtime. It is considered an essential file of the Windows operating system.
A set of driver procedures and functions provided by it can be applied to Windows.