WhatsApp is the world famous instant messaging network. In some situations, for one reason or another, most people want to read the message without the knowledge of another person, otherwise they will see two blue indicators indicating that they have already seen the message. But here you will know how to view messages without opening whatsapp. Read everything!
WhatsApp is used by over 1,5 billion people today. In this post we want to introduce you to the most effective methods to read all the notifications you want on WhatsApp (or as others mistakenly know it as "Wasat") without having to open the chat and tell other users that you have "seen" it, if not you want, answer them.
What does it give you when you read messages on WhatsApp?
Since this platform, among many updates, is increasingly forcing its users to know more about the chats they have with others. From the «Online» status to the elements that let you know if your message has already been sent (grey signals), if the message has already been delivered to another person (two gray markers) and if that person has already read a certain message (two blue tokens).
In this sense, the two blue markers have become a sort of horror for both the sender and the receiver, who are often curious and want to read the message at all costs without replying.
Fortunately, today there are several tools that you can use on your mobile phone or tablet to achieve this goal. That is, these are some tricks that you can use on both Android and iOS to be able to secretly read a message in a known application, such as viewing messages without opening WhatsApp.
How to view messages without opening WhatsApp on both Android and iOS
Here we present each of the techniques that you can use to view a WhatsApp message without anyone knowing, as well as the detailed steps that must be performed to do it correctly. You should also know that each of these methods is extremely easy to perform.
1- Disable read notifications
To prevent the famous blue check from appearing in the app's conversation, the creators and developers have implemented a new option that allows users to disable read alerts. Taking this into account, of course, it has annoyed many people who use the platform every day.
When disabling read receipts in WhatsApp, keep in mind that just as your contacts won't be able to see when you read their messages, you won't be able to know when they'll see the messages you've sent. This means that you will no longer be able to see the blue mark either way.
Fortunately, it is an alternative that has been available for some time on both Android and iOS devices. This is the procedure you must follow to view messages without opening WhatsApp:
1- First you need to log into your WhatsApp account and go to Settings, which is located in the upper right corner (its symbol is just three vertical dots). On your iPhone, you can find it in the lower right corner.
2- Next, click on Settings to access the different options shown by the application.
3- Then enter the section named Account and when it appears enter in Privacy.
4- Now in the section Privacy you can see that here you will find different options to change who can see your personal information, blocked contacts and what we are looking for is: « Read confirmation«.
5- Finally, to deactivate the reading notice, simply click on the green sign to make it disappear. Thus, from now on, no one will be able to see when you read the messages.
2- Activate airplane mode
With this method, you can make others not know if you have read their messages, and even then you can see if they are reading the ones you send, and thus you can see the messages without opening WhatsApp.
It can be very useful to you, although since not everything is perfect, it is sometimes usually inefficient due to the mobile phone you use, especially if it is an Android. However, to activate airplane mode, do the following:
- Every time you receive a notification from the application, it appears on your mobile screen, even if you have switched it off. But you shouldn't have to tap the notification first; Why you need to turn on airplane mode before you can open a message. You should also note that this automatically disables your mobile data and Wi-Fi connection.
- To activate the airplane mode, simply go to the settings menu of your mobile and select Airplane mode. This is very similar to all smartphones, but on your iPhone you need to access the Control Center swiping up the home screen and then toggling the switch Flight mode.
- From there, you can open any messages that have arrived in the application, as you normally would when reading any message, but in this case it will be incognito. That is, click on the conversation you want to open.
- Later, when you see the messages in question, exit the chat and be sure to mark it as Not bed because otherwise they will see that you have read the message as soon as you activate the WIFI network or mobile data.
If you want to check this option on Android, touch and hold the conversation for a short while until a menu pops up saying Mark as unread, then tap it. On your iPhone, swipe the chat to the right and you will see a blue option » Mark unread » which should be circled on the right side. And this is all.
3- Use the widget (on Android)
If you are one of those who own an Android device, you can use the WhatsApp message reader widget without anyone noticing. This element is a small application whose main function is to provide easy access to commonly used features on the platform and thus provide some visual information. Ideal to clarify that widgets are not available on iPhone or other devices with iOS operating system.
With this trick you can read from your home screen all the messages that arrive in your messenger account without having to open the application, so they won't even see you online. This way you can choose who you want to reply to and who you don't; the only downside to this is that you won't be able to send emoticons, photos, videos, or voice memos.
Steps to follow to start using the widget:
1- Go to your device's home screen and hold for a few seconds wherever you want to go. Several options will appear, including one with a label widget. In this sense, select it to insert all the alternatives it shows you.
2- Now, among all the options, locate a window called WhatsApp and click on it.
3- As soon as you press it, three types of widgets will appear:
- whatsapp 4×2
- Chat WhatsApp 1×1
- whatsapp camera
4- You have to choose the first one, that is the WhatsApp 4 × 2 desired.
5- Finally, to finish, touch it and place it wherever you want on your home screen. This way you already have quick access to all notifications on the platform, without having to enter them.
4- Read messages from notification menu
This is another of the most used methods to read messages, avoiding the blue notification. This process is the same for Android and iOS devices, for which the following steps must be performed from the home screen of the mobile phone:
- Once you receive a new notification directly from the platform, you shouldn't click on it for any reason. It doesn't matter if your phone is locked or unlocked, don't do it.
- Next, access your smartphone's notification menu by simply swiping it smoothly from top to bottom on the screen.
- After that, you can start reading the beginning of each message, as well as messages sent by your WhatsApp contacts from the home screen of your mobile.
- Finally, Don't open the notification until you're ready to respond. Otherwise, you'll leave notifications blue and the other person will know you didn't mean to reply.