One of the best things about it tech could have given us is the ease of accessing multiple electronic equipment remotely. This saves us time and money, as well as gives us more control over various configurations and systems.
PuTTY is known as a tool that facilitates various connections remote all this with easy and simple steps. In this way we can perform various tasks and maintain a stable and healthy relationship between client-server, which likewise does not involve any kind of problem or complication.
In this way we will be able to carry out the relative configuration of our router via telnet, just as if we were in front of our computer.
This is what we want to talk to you about today, as well as helping you understand the computer tool most used by many, such as PuTTY.
What is PuTTY and how does it work?
If what we are looking for is the fact of being able to communicate remotely with a server, the important thing is to take into consideration the architecture protocol, which has a client-server as its main basis, for this we have the possibility of using PuTTY
This system allows us to perform more commands, with which we can work thanks to a virtually partitioned server.
In this way we will be able to access ours router from remote, with the help of the rete “Telnet”. This will be responsible for the perfect emulation of a series of commands, which will give you access to it.
In this way it is possible to configure said network, in addition to opening ports and segmenting the necessary data packets, through the Quality of Service.
Steps to use PuTTY and set up a router
The first thing to do is to start with configuring Windows features
- Start by going to "Get started".
- There, you have to choose the option " control panel «.
Once inside, locate the 'Programs' option and click there.
- Go to the right section of the settings panel and choose the section » Programs and features «, There you will see 5 tools that you will have at your disposal.
- After using the previous steps, this option » Enable or disable Windows features »Will appear in the left section.
- Here you choose the "Accept" option.
From here you need to create the Telnet server
- Start by choosing " Server Telnet «
- Click on «OK».
- Go to "Control Panel" and choose " System and security «.
- Select "Administrative Tools" and press "Services".
- Choose again » telnet «
- Right click and choose the "Properties" option.
- Go to the «General» tab and choose the «Startup type» option.
- Activate the "Manual" option.
- Click on "Apply".
- And then "OK".
Once this is done, you need to start the Telnet service
- In the upper left section, "Start the service" will appear, and click.
- Here you will see that 3 options have been enabled.
- Return to the control panel and proceed to select the "Systems and security" option and access "Administrative tools".
- You choose " Computer management "And immediately on the left will appear" Local users and computers ". We select the same.
Once ready, you just have to proceed with adding the client computer
- Choose the "Groups" option.
- Look for the alternative "Telnet customers"
- Right click and search for "Properties".
- Go to the "General" option and click on "Add".
- In the part " Location »The name we chose earlier will appear. We have to write the same in the writing box.
- Press «OK», then «Apply» and finally «OK».
As a final step, we need to activate the Telnet communication option
- Select » Control Panel «.
- Find the "Uninstall a program" option.
- Then choose "Enable or disable Windows features" and check the "Telnet client" box.
- Press "OK" and execute the command "Cmd" in Windows Start.
- Digita » telnet »In the browser and then« open ».
- Once ready, all that remains is to write the team you will connect to.
- Enter your login and password and that's it.