Your laptop can become an HDMI PC monitor
If you want to use your laptop as an external monitor with other equipment, it's a little more difficult than that connect it with an HDMI cable to another device. For this procedure, an HDMI connection cable will not be sufficient, since the laptop screen is connected to the computer.
For this reason, the laptop does not have additional inputs, but this does not prevent the laptop from being used as a projector for the computer.
Windows 10 has the option of projection of computer, which will allow you to transmit information from the monitor to the laptop. This way your laptop can become a monitor, quickly and easily, but to achieve this you need to configure the laptop.
How to use laptop screen as an HDMI PC monitor
To work with this feature, you will have need of at least two computers, in this way you will be able to guide you through the steps we will provide. Next, we will explain, step by step, how to program the equipment that will act as a projector and the one that will receive the Laptop as a second screen.
Step one: configure the desired computer screen as a projector
To get one correct configuration as a projector, on the screen of the desired equipment, you need to be guided by the following steps that we will provide:
- You will need to go to the operating system setup screen and right-click on the start button.
- Then you need to press the «configuration» option.
- When you enter, choose the alternative "System" and you will see a bar on the left side.
- There you should look for the alternative «Projection on this computer» and select it.
- Then you will get several options that you will need to configure to use the screen.
To configure the latter option and be able to use the screen, we offer you the following steps, so that you can do it effectively:
- In the first option you need to put "Available in secure networks".
- Where it says "Available everywhere", put the network you use, both at home and at work.
- In the "Request projection on this computer" window, change to "Whenever a connection is requested".
- In the last window a PIN is required to use this function, you can enable it in a personalized way.
- After completing these steps, you will see a switch that gives you the ability to use the laptop without being connected. This is possible thanks to the LAN network connection. With this you can also share files and folders on a local network in Windows.
Second step: configure the monitor that will project the desktop
Once you have completed the first step, continue with the second, which consists of configure the monitor which will transmit the information to the laptop.
- First, we need to connect the configured monitor to the laptop, to use it as a monitor.
- Then, go once again to "settings" and select the right mouse button when you are on the start button.
- Press configure and go up "System", once there, choose the "View" option.
Third step: coordinate the projection with the final words
After the second step, you should go to " Connect to a wireless network »And select, then perform the last steps of the configuration.
- After selecting "connect to a wireless network", go to the menu that will appear below.
- Now find your laptop and select it.
- Next, it will ask you for the PIN we talked about earlier.
- Enter the Laptop and allow the connection with the monitor and enter the password that the equipment will provide.
- After this last step, the screen will be accurately projected onto the laptop.
- This will allow you to work with better visualizationfurthermore, that the laptop has more storage space than the computer.
We hope we have helped you. If you're having trouble connecting the second display, you may want to remove ghosting from the auxiliary monitor. You can also consult Microsoft support to resolve any doubts you have.