The birth of discord
In 2015 and with the aim of following this socialization trend in the gamer community, Discord was born. This platform is available for mobile devices with work operating Android and iOS, having a computer version that they use operating systems Windows, MacOS and Linux.
What is discord?
Of Discord's comparisons to other communication, many find a similarity to Skype. Due to the different tools it offers to its users such as text messages, voice messages and video calls or videoconferencing.
Something that can make this application even more attractive is the ability to maintain contact with the player or players even when they are playing a video game via voice or video conferencing.
Using Discord on PC
To start living the incredible experience of playing and communicating with people from all over the world, the first thing you need to do is complete the registration procedure through the web version, by entering the portal https://discord.com/.
- Once you have entered the Discord website, you should find the "Login" option in the top right of the screen.
- A new window will appear and, just below another login button, you will see the link to register.
- The rest of the process is quite simple, you just have to provide information regarding your email, the username you want for your profile and your account password.
Create your server
With your account registered, you don't need much else to start enjoying the services of this platform. What remains, at this point, is to learn how create or join a server. First, to create:
- You can see a plus sign "(+)" on the left side of the screen.
- By clicking on this sign, a new window will appear with the options to create or join a server. In this case, you will click on «Create».
- Name your server.
- Select the region (although it is usually selected automatically).
- Add an icon.
When you hit the Create button, a box will appear with the link or your server code to start inviting all your friends. This code will expire the next day, although you can check the box so it never expires.
Join a server
In case you wanted to insert an existing server, the process would initially be similar to the previous one. With the exception, of course, that this time you'll click on the option to join instead of create.
- You will find a window that will ask you for the invitation code to be able to join the server.
- However, if you don't have an invite code, you can visit sites like Discordservers.com, Disboard.org, Discod.me, and Discordea.net to generate invite codes.
Do I have to pay to use Discord?
All this communication service seems to be quite complete so far, it has very interesting tools for the whole community of players. The interface is very easy to use and entertainment is guaranteed.
But… do you have to pay something? Luckily, Discord is a totally free communication service, so you can enjoy all its tools without having to debit any credit card directly.
Operation on cell phones
On the Google App Store, the mobile version on Discord it has an excellent 4.2 / 5 rating and over 100 million installations. Its weight is 63 MB, it may seem a bit heavy, but compared to other types of applications it keeps a good size.
While in the AppStore enjoys a much higher reputation, with 4.8 / 5. The size of the application is also something that varies on this platform (just over 118 MB).