In case you didn't know, a phishing attack with fake emails is a method used by Internet scammers to obtain our personal data (access codes and credit card numbers). In general, these people pretend to be companies and send us emails with links of dubious origin. For this reason it is important to be vigilant to prevent phishing attacks, through fake emails.
Currently many people fall into this type of scam, which becomes a serious problem. Since both money and lost information are difficult to recover. It is even difficult to trace the possible perpetrators of this scam.
That's why later in this post we will tell you in detail about everything you can do to protect yourself and prevent a phishing attack with fake emails on mine iPhone. Read on!
Tips to prevent a phishing attack with fake emails on my iPhone
In this first section we will talk a little about the steps to take to prevent a Phishing with fake emails on my iPhone. If you put these tips into practice, the chances of being fooled by this type of email just wanting to get our personal data will decrease.
- One of the most important aspects for prevent a phishing attack is the security of your Apple ID. For this we recommend that you use two-factor authentication.
- It is also important to update your personal information and never share verification or login codes. In fact, Apple will never ask you for this information in the mail.
- Another recommendation is not to use App Store, iTunes and Apple Store gift cards to make other payments, as this makes it very easy to get scammed by malicious people.
- In case you receive or send money with Apple Pay, you must take the security measures that you normally use in a private transaction.
- On the other hand, you shouldn't share credit card numbers with none, unless it is urgent and you have been able to confirm the applicant's identity.
- If you have questions about an email from a company, we recommend that you take no risk and contact that company to confirm the information they have sent you.
- Finally, you shouldn't click any link that you look suspicious, as it usually takes just one click to make us fall into these kinds of traps.
What to do if I get a suspicious email on my iPhone?
Next, in this section we will show you several tips to consider when marking an email as spam or suspicious on your iPhone. As you can see, Apple has several tools for us to avoid falling into this type of scam.
- First of all, you should look at how much the email address corresponds to the data offered by the company on its official website. Remember that scammers try to impersonate some companies so that people fall into their trap.
- In case you receive an email with a URL, you should be careful that it matches the name of the official website. We advise you to don't click right away if you don't trust this type of email.
- It is also important to compare with previous emails you have received from the same company.
- Regarding the content of the message, remember that no company will ask you to submit personal information by mail. By this we mean that under no circumstances should you submit or fill out forms with your credit card number or your account password.
- In case you receive a phishing email with the same format from the Apple company, you must forward it to this address email@example.com.
- In the subject of the email you must include the information from the header of the original email you received.
- Now, if you get suspicious emails in your inbox iCloud, we recommend that you forward them immediately to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you use an iPhone, protect your personal data and take care of your privacy, knowing that they are spam and avoiding them will save you a lot of inconvenience. Put these tips into practice and you will be successful.