Whatasapp is one of the most popular social networks in the world, which in more than ten years has become the most used communication tool for millions of people to communicate with each other. What started as a simple messaging service that tried to compete with BlackBerry Messenger in the late 2000s has evolved into a great benchmark. Learn with us how to change language in whatsapp.
In this post we will teach you how to change the language of WhatsApp Messenger in all the simplest ways so that you can change it to your liking, regardless of the device you are using, whether it is from an Android, iOS or WhatsApp web device.
Steps to change the language in WhatsApp
Among the huge array of customizable settings, language is one of the biggest headaches, even if it's ridiculously easy to change it. And is that its configuration paths are a bit vague due to the nomenclature used, which he inherited from Facebook when Mark Zuckerberg's social network decided to acquire a few years ago.
Although they are relatively the same systems, Android and iOS have small differences that are also reflected between the same applications, so changing the language between one and the other is slightly different.
Next, we'll show you how to do this in both operating systems:
1. Su Android
Changing the language in WhatsApp from an Android device is not difficult since WhatsApp uses the language in which you have configured your mobile, as well as adapting to your geographical location, which it obtains through your IP address. Although if not, you must follow the next steps to change the language of your smartphone:
- Go su «Settings» on your mobile phone.
- After you are there, go to «General administration» and then you should look for the option «Language from the input«.
- Now you just have to look for the «Language» option and choose the one you want to use, after which you have to change the language of your WhatsApp.
However, there is a way to customize the language of the app to be different from the language of your phone. In this case, you need to follow these steps:
- Open your WhatsApp and go to the section «Other options«, indicated by three overlapping dots.
- Now you have to tap on the option «Chat» and there, choose «Language and introduction«.
- After you're there, select the language you want the app to be in and you're done.
2. Your iOS
To change the language in WhatsApp from an Apple device, you need to do the same as in Android; change the language of the phone. To do this, you just have to follow the instructions that we explain here:
- Access the section Settings of your iPhone or iPad device.
- Then you need to go to the section General and find the option Language and region.
- Once there, go to «Language» and choose the new language you want for your Apple mobile device.
- You choose "OK" and then "Switch to (selected language)» and that's it, WhatsApp Messenger should be in this new language.
On these devices, you also have the option to change the language of the app to be in a different language than your mobile. To do this, you just have to follow the steps below:
- Enter the messaging application and go to the section «Other options«, which is indicated by three dots one above the other vertically.
- Then you have to tap on the option «Chat» and in it choose «Language and introduction«.
- After you're there, choose the language you want the app to be in and you're done.
How to change keyboard language and autocorrect on Whatsapp?
WhatsApp keyboard uses exactly the same as your phone, so the language is fully found. Therefore, you don't have to do anything else than we have already explained in the previous step to be able to put this element in the language you want.
Can WhatsApp messages be automatically translated into another language?
You should know that the latest WhatsApp updates are making communication between users much easier and one of its main goals is to allow everyone to speak for them regardless of the country they are in. To do this, they have integrated an automatic translator so that you can publish messages sent to you from other countries in your native language or in your chosen language on your WhatsApp.
To do this, simply tap on the «+» on your keyboard and swipe left until you see the translator symbol.
This is all you need to know about languages on WhatsApp. We hope we have helped you improve your experience on this popular social network.