Without a doubt, the social network Instagram has become one of the main online media for people to share and show their world with careful and aesthetic photographs and even videos or GIFs where the unique and picturesque life that is wants to show… Now, one of the important issue on Instagram and which generates some conflict between its users is, of course, being able to decide between have a public account on Instagram (open to all people) or have a private account on Instagram (open only to followers) and that is why, in Practical Resources, we have prepared a guide for all users wondering how to change my instagram from public to private?and thus, these users can protect their privacy with this profile edition on Instagram.
* By the way, you may be interested: Is it possible to know who visits my Instagram? … >>
Have a private Instagram | Who can see and what can he see?
Before explaining the procedure for changing an Instagram account from public to private, it is necessary to say that when you make your Instagram profile private:
- Only followers will be able to access the content you post and will not be able to see anything, people who don't have an Instagram account or people who have an Instagram account but who don't follow you.
Now, your duly approved followers will be able to see:
- Your posts, your photo maps, your hashtag posts, your likes. Only your approved followers will see your posts and in case you mention someone who isn't your follower, they will only see part of the comment. Having clarified this point, I leave you with the guide to making a private Instagram.
How to change my Instagram account from public to private | Step 1
To make an Instagram account private, you must first access the Instagram application and then click on the person-shaped icon that appears in the lower right corner (see attached image).
How to change my Instagram account from public to private | Step 2
Now, being on the personal page of the Instagram profile, you will then have to click on the parameter configuration button located in the upper right corner of the profile.
– Appears as a screw or cogwheel icon on iPhone.
– On Android it appears as the three vertical dots.
How to change my Instagram account from public to private | Step 3
Now, on the new page that appears with the previous action performed, you will go to the section «Account» right there, you will find the option that says «Private account» which appears by default, deactivated in gray (see attached image) and this means that the Instagram account is public and can be seen by everyone.
Well, to change the privacy of the Instagram profile, you simply have to move or move the ball that appears in this option to the right and when you do it it will turn blue and then press the check mark or tick at the top right to confirm the change of privacy a Instagram account from public to private and with it a small window will appear asking if they are sure of this decision and want the private photos and will confirm it, with a click on «Yes I'm surefinally, there you go! Your Instagram account is private.