It's been a long time, but Google has finally launched its own Points and Play Points program in Spain, after several months available in regions such as the United States.
Play Points is an initiative that was born with the idea of reward those who make purchases in the app store, with discounts, credit to be used in other applications or games, and other attractive rewards.
What is Google Play Points and how does it work?
As announced by Google at the time of this program's launch, Google Play Points - not to be confused with Google Play Pass - is a program a premium for all those users who make purchases on the Google Play Store.
Its operation is similar to that of other programs of this type: gli users spend money on applications, games, books, music or movies, and in return they get points that can be exchanged on future purchases.
In some cases, Google introduces extra reward campaigns, for which users will receive even more points for the purchase of specific content.
The idea is of attract more and more Android users to purchase content in your digital store.
Initially, the users they will earn 1 point for every euro spent on Google Play. However, for the first seven days after joining the program, users will receive a welcome offer of 3 extra points for each purchase.
Once you have reached a certain number of points it will be possible to level up to get additional points and benefits. In Google Play Points you can find different levels a depending on the number of points obtained:
|Subscription||Number of points
|Points earned for
every euro spent
|Platinum||3.000 or more||1,4 points||
How to sign up for Google Play Points
Any Android user can sign up for Google Play Points and start earning rewards for your in-store purchases.
To do this, it is enough to satisfy a series of requirements:
- You reside in Germany, Australia, South Korea, the United States, France, Hong Kong, Japan, the United Kingdom, or Taiwan.
- Have a computer or Android device that works with Google Play.
- Have a Google Play account that is not managed by a school or parent.
- Added a valid payment method.
- Use the Google Play country as your billing country
If these requirements are met, the joining the Google Play Points program it's as simple as following these steps:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store app.
- Tap the menu, then select "Play Points".
- Tap «Join».
One will appear new section Points where you can view your stats, available points and active benefits.
Google Play Points home page.
How to use Google Play points
When you've made several purchases on Google Play and have enough points to redeem, you can use them to get discounts on your future purchases.
redeem Google Play points, you need to follow these steps in the store app:
- On your Android device, open the Google Play Store app.
- Tap the menu, then tap Play Points.
- Tap "Use".
- Select an item, coupon or Google Play credit, or donate to a good cause.
- In the payment process, select the "Redeem points" option.