If there is something that produces anxiety and worry, it is moving around in some way without having a precise orientation that indicates the path to follow. However, thanks to Google Maps, an application that gains more users every day thanks to its precision, functionality and performance, we will be able to locate and find the better routes.
With Google Maps you will know addresses, establishments, routes and see in real time how much traffic there is on a given route, warning us of traffic jams and rush hours.
Although Google did not directly create addresses for trucks and commercial transport, are popular Android apps that can be downloaded and used with Google Maps. Here we will talk about one that will definitely be useful for transport the goods in a way fast and safe.
Is there a Google Maps for trucks?
It does not currently exist Google Maps per i camion, so you need to use another one provider of percorso for this type of vehicle ; in this case, freight vehicle drivers use the Google Maps API to access an application that indicates the routes to follow.
Google Maps for trucks. It's possible?
A well-known app used by heavy drivers is iGO Primo Truck, which works with GPS, providing precise and easy to use routes. For use on Android, it must be paired with Google Maps, following the steps mentioned below:
- Download the iGO Primo app on your mobile or tablet. With it you can import from Google Maps. Download the files and unzip the folder.
- After running the file on your mobile, go to "Settings> Security".
- click on "Unknown sources" and the app is installed.
- Now leave the app in the background while you open the app Google Maps.
- Explore the location you want to go to. Click on the icon "Share" located at the bottom of the screen.
- In the list select iGo Cousin ; If you don't see it, click "Other" for other options.
- The iGo Primo app will open, showing you the location on the screen.
- Select «go to» and then "Route settings".
- Configure the routes you need to drive your truck.
You need Chrome to install the version or, failing that, use the official page in your browser.
How to search for routes on Google Maps?
Google Maps is a very competent app for traveling in and out of your country, as it has cartographic maps of over 220 countries, millions of companies and places.
Through a GPS you will get reliable and updated data on the position of cities, companies, pharmacies, parks, restaurants, shopping centers and other places of interest in real time.
With Google Maps GPS, locate all routes in real time
With this app you can reach places you don't know; because of this:
- On your device, open the Google Maps app.
- Type the address in the search engine or click on it on the map.
- Click on «How to get there» that yes located in the upper right corner.
- To add stops, click the (+) icon at the top right. Then click «Add stop» ; here you can add up to 9 stops.
- click on "Done".
- If you need to change the order of your stops, drag the destination where you want while holding the button Reorder.
You can also search for other places as you continue along the route. And as if that weren't enough, this handy app will show you:
- Directions and arrows through the Live View function to guide you correctly.
- Nearby places of interest found with mini pointers. These include restaurants, shopping malls, pharmacies, medical services, outdoor parks, accommodation and other places of interest with their respective opening hours.
- Existing traffic on your route, with better routes updated based on traffic, to avoid traffic jams and wasted time.
- Lines for public transport in an unknown city.
- Routes for cyclists and public transport.
- Satellite imagery (with these maps you will use more data than the traditional map).
- Detailed information on the survey.
- Travel time and distance between each route in order to arrive in the indicated time at the destination.
- Offline maps so you can locate yourself when you don't have the internet.
- Internal maps to locate you in large locations such as stadiums, airports and others.
How to use Google Maps to see the traffic of a route?
To view traffic with a route already created, do the following:
- Open the app Google Maps on your mobile.
- Go to the bottom and click vai.
- Choose a travel option offered by the system. If it doesn't show up, scroll to get it and set it up.
Follow these steps to view traffic with a route already created
Here you will find relevant information about your destination such as suggested routes and alternative routes, traffic delays due to accidents or roadworks and tips on how to use the Go tab.
Likewise, you can check out the traffic on Google Maps from your mobile, tablet or computer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the app Google Maps on your Android device, tablet or in your PC browser.
- Click on the layers icon located at the top right of the screen; They will give you two options: Map Type and Map Details.
- In «Map details» select "Traffic".
Next, another level will open with real-time traffic information and the streets will have a line above with different colors based on the amount of traffic that exists:
- Green: traffic flow in the area.
- Orange: moderate retention traffic.
- Red: restraints or blocks for public works, accidents or heavy traffic.
- Gray or blue lines: indicate your routes.
- Click on the details you are about to include: for bus or train lines, press "Public transport" ; It clicked her "Traffic" it will tell you what the traffic flow is on the routes and if you want to see the routes for cyclists, select "By bike".
As you will see, there is no app Google Maps per camion, but you can support yourself with a iGO Primo Truck and even learn how to use the application for trade and transport routes.
We hope this information will be of great help if you need to travel and want to find safe and clear routes that allow you to quickly reach your destination. If you liked this article, check if your country has the features enabled to use the app and then check out the best tricks for Google Maps.
Source | Supporta Google Maps, Supporta Google Maps II