WhatsApp Web has many really useful functions, but thanks to browser extensions we can add many more functions, as is the case of the WAToolkit extension with which we can receive WhatsApp notifications in Chrome without opening WhatsApp.
WAToolkit allows us to receive notifications on WhatsApp Web, even if we have closed the browser or any Google Chrome tab. This is very useful, because we can continue to know whether or not we receive messages, even if we inadvertently close the browser.
Always receive WhatsApp web notifications
As we said before, Google Chrome extensions are very useful in many cases, such as in the case of WAToolkit, which allows us to always run a Chrome instance in the background to be able to receive notifications from WhatsApp Web, even if we have closed all windows.
To download and configure WAToolkit you will have to follow these steps:
- The first thing to do is access the download website of the "WAToolkit" extension.
- Now you will have to click on «Add to Chrome» and wait for the extension to install.
- Once installed you will need to access WhatsApp Web from the extension, if you are not logged in you will need to connect your device to the browser session.
- Once you start the session you will see an icon at the top of WhatsApp, right next to the status icon and you'll need to press it.
- Next you will need to activate both options, with this you will allow Chrome to run in the background and you will be able to receive notifications on WhatsApp Web when you close the browser.
From now on, every time you close your browser or WhatsApp web tab, you will get a notification from the app, indicating that a new message has arrived, and you can open the app directly from the extension button.
WAToolkit is a very useful tool for all those of us who always close the browser without realizing it, or who don't want to have so many tabs open since we can receive notifications without having to open WhatsApp.