Ctrl + Alt + Del: What is your key combination and what is it for?
The key combination Ctrl + Alt + Del is also known as Ctrl + Alt + Del (Del). This keystroke is a keyboard command, used to create shortcuts on the pc ; that is, when we press these three keys, we tell the software or operating system that it must perform a certain task, such as accessing or interrupting a function.
The creator of this script is the Microsoft tycoon Bill Gates ; who recently assured it was a mistake to create this shortcut using the three key combination, as both hands must be used to execute that command.
Bill Gates believes this shortcut may have been created by pressing a single key, however, this letter combination is a feature widely used by Windows users.
What is this command for?
This key combination can be used in various procedures running on the PC; but you have to keep in mind that to perform the function you have to press the three buttons at the same time (Ctrl + Alt + Canc).
- When access you can press this shortcut to enter the username and password you use to log into your pc.
- If you are on the desktop, this command allows you to disconnect, lock the computer, start the task manager, change the password and user.
- This command is very useful for close unresponsive programs or when Windows crashes.
- It is used to put the equipment in suspension (attention, suspension is different from hibernation).
These key combinations are applicable to perform functions on Windows OS computer, if you have MacOS computer, the above mentioned functions are not performed with Ctrl + Alt + Del keys; since, you need to use other keys to perform these functions.
Why doesn't this shortcut work sometimes?
- Check that your keyboard is not damaged or has no garbage obstructing one of the keys when pressed. A good option is to thoroughly clean the keyboard before using it.
- Sometimes the third party software changes the registry values of the PC; so if you installed an application before this command started to fail, uninstall said app and see if the problem persists.
- La keyboard configuration on the computer it was modified, for this it is necessary to reset the configuration and activate the function of the keys.
- Your computer is infected with a virus that restricts keyboard commands.
- Make sure you are pressing the correct keys.
Other key combinations that can be useful in Windows:
There are numerous key combinations to perform various actions in Windows, here we will show you the most practical shortcuts that will help you use your computer more efficiently:
- Help: F1.
- Start menu: Ctrl + Esc.
- Switch between open windows: Alt + Tab.
- Exit the program: Alt + F4.
- Copy text or image: Ctrl + C.
- Paste text or image: Ctrl + V.
- Cut: Ctrl + X.
- Undo an action performed: Ctrl + Z.
- Revert what we undid: Ctrl + Y.
- Move the course through the words: Ctrl + left or right arrow.
- Save changes: Ctrl + S.
- Move the cursor to the beginning: Ctrl + Home.
- Place the cursor at the end of the document: Ctrl + End.
- Select all: Ctrl + A.
- Opening a new document: Ctrl + O.
- Stampa: Ctrl + P.
To perform these shortcuts you need to simultaneously press the key combination you want to use.
These key combinations are a very effective tool when using the computer; Then start using all the shortcuts you need for streamline the process of a function, increase productivity, save time and perform multiple tasks at the same time.