Mobile devices are part of our daily life, so it's normal to use them constantly without giving yourself rest. And while all devices are designed to a wide range of qualities, they can fail and cause circuitry to burn, resulting in your phone starting to burn or, at worst, explode.
There are many cases of mobile devices which, under certain conditions, catch fire and some even explode; However, is it possible that all devices are exposed to combustion or that only factory defective cell phones can reach this point?
It should be understood that mobile devices are devices electronic and which are made up of electrical systems, therefore they are subject to short circuits and, therefore, catch fire or explode. But why this? In the following article we will explain the main causes why a phone can explode and how to avoid it.
Subject your phone to extreme conditions
It is possible that a mobile device could catch fire or explode if subjected to one high voltage charge. Likewise, a phone can burn if subjected to one temperature above 50 degrees Celsius.
For this reason it is advisable to charge the device with its original charger and not with that of another mobile phone, as the voltages can vary. Likewise, using multiple applications at the same time can generate overheating in the mobile, so it is advisable not to use it if the phone starts to overheat.
Using your mobile phone while it is charging can also cause your phone to burn or explode, so we recommend that you do not use it while charging.
Smart devices contain lithium-ion batteries in their batteries to ensure a longer life, that the battery lasts longer and that the charging process is much faster.
Despite this, the constant charges and discharges of the battery generate fibers known as dendrites which can cause overheating in moving circuits or short circuits and, in measure greater, of its spontaneous combustion.
Batteries are sensitive to extreme voltages or temperatures, and faulty ones can begin to swell, which can lead to equipment deterioration.
Therefore, if you notice that the battery of your mobile is swollen, you should not recharge said battery as it is very prone to collapse and generate combustion.
Most modern devices include fast charging chargers so that, as the name suggests, the battery charging process is much faster and so you can use your mobile sooner.
This feature implies that the voltage to charge the mobile will be higher, taking the phone to the limit. In principle, the devices are able to withstand this type of voltage while charging; however, the problem is when using chargers other than the manufacturer's .
It should be borne in mind that over time the cell phone battery runs out, so it becomes more prone to damage if we misuse it and the way we charge our cellphone.
That is why we must at all costs avoid using a charger from a manufacturer other than our mobile phone and even more so one that recharges quickly, as the chances of failure or short circuit in the battery will increase.
How to prevent your cell phone from exploding?
Use the correct charger
The chargers regulate the intensity with which the current charges the battery, so you have to avoid other different mobile chargers.
Recharge your mobile and unplug it immediately
Avoid your mobile still connected after it is fully charged as this can cause voltage variations and overheating.
Do not use the mobile phone while charging
Using the cellphone and receiving electricity at the same time, the cellphone will reach its limit and overheat, increasing the risk of explosion.